These are strange times… As bikers, we don’t scare easily, but it’s important for us to take this seriously.For those of us determined to keep riding in the wake of this Pandemic, let’s be smart.If you go for a ride, short or long distance, here are a few tips on how to protect yourself from the virus.Remember to take the necessary precautions to keep you and your family safe.If you are 65 or older, exercise extreme caution.
– Add Hand Sanitizer, Bleach Wipes, a thermometer, and latex gloves to your essentials list.
– When at the pump, use hand sanitizer after every fill up and use bleach wipes to wipe your grips, bars, and any place you touch.Use Lysol to disinfect your gloves.
– Bring Bleach wipes and Lysol and wipe down any hotel you stay in upon entry.
– We don’t know how long it lasts on clothing.Health providers are urging you to create a “mud area” in your home where you can take off anything that may have been exposed outside and let it sit for 24 hours in a plastic bag.
– Clothes should be washed on high heat.
– Disinfect your motorcycle vest or leathers with Lysol to kill the virus.
–If you travel, when you return home, self isolate yourself so that you don’t infect elders or others with pre-existing conditions such as Diabetes or Heart Disease.
– Should you get sick while riding and start feeling symptoms, get off the road and get to safe lodging immediately.The truth is, testing is extremely limited, there is no cure or vaccination.Administer self care as best as you can by hydrating, and treating your fever and symptoms.If you’re near home, make an appointment to see your doctor.If you’re on the road, call your health provider to try to get an appointment as soon as possible.Do not go to an emergency room unless you are having trouble breathing or it is a serious emergency.
To travel is a choice.If you choose to travel, it’s your responsibility to be mindful to keep our riding community safe.Medical professionals, Doctors or Nurses, can you speak on anything additional we can do to protect ourselves on the road?